One Year Ago — US Secretary of Defense James Mattis: “No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas on His People”

“I have personally reviewed the intelligence and there is no doubt the Syrian regime is responsible for the decision to attack and for the attack itself.”

US Secretary of Defense James Mattis (April 2017)

“We have other reports from the battlefield from people who claim it’s been used. We do not have evidence of it. We are looking for evidence of it ”

US Secretary of Defense James Mattis (February 2018)

“While in no way detracting from the horror of what took place against innocent civilians in Syria, it is time for America to stop shooting first and asking questions later.”

Ian Wilkie — International lawyer, U.S. Army veteran and former intelligence community contractor

A man collects samples from the site of the attack in Khan Sheikhun. Photograph: Omar Haj Kadour/AFP/Getty Images

February 11 2018 — The U.S. has no evidence to confirm reports from aid groups and others that the Syrian government has used the deadly chemical sarin on its citizens, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on February 2 2018. Follow us on Twitter: @Intel_Today

RELATED POST: TOP INTEL TODAY 2017 STORIES #1 — “Former DIA Colonel : US strikes on Syria based on a lie”

RELATED POST: Destroying Syria — “Why Does Washington Hate Bashar al-Assad?” by Philip Giraldi

RELATED POST: Dilyana Gaytandzhieva: CIA supplies ISIS & al-Qaeda Terrorists in Iraq and Syria [UPDATE]

RELATED POST : Khan Shaykhun — UN Report Paradoxical; Real Experts Needed

RELATED POST: CIA Director Mike Pompeo: “We Must Steal Secrets With Audacity!” [UPDATE: CIA Official transcript posted and modified]

UPDATE (February 11 2019) — Carla Ortiz is a Bolivian actress, producer, and documentary maker. She has been reporting from Douma (Ghouta), Syria.

Last year, Mrs Ortiz kindly answered a few questions for INTEL TODAY.

RELATED POST: TOP INTEL TODAY 2018 STORIES — #1 : “Exclusive Q&A with Carla Ortiz from Ghouta, Syria”

Here is one of the question I asked to Carla and her answer speaks volumes….

Intel Today — What is your conclusion regarding the latest allegation of a chemical attack by the Syrian Army in Douma on April 7 2018?

Carla Ortiz — There is not a single person in all of Douma who believes that this attack ever happened. In fact no one here understands why everyone keeps on asking this question. And why everyone keeps going to the hospital to ask the same thing over and over. They know it is a false story!

This was probably the “poorest set-up” in the last 7 years of the war. They [al-Nusra and other Salafist jihadist organizations fighting against the Syrian government forces] have tried to sell us these lies over and over, and this time it had no credibility whatsoever.

I believe that ordinary citizens around the world are finally waking up to the lies of the war in Syria. But above all, Syrians are done with this war.

I guess people do know when the MSM are treating them like mushrooms. (For those who are not familiar with this colourful expression, it means: “being kept in the dark and fed shit.”)

On December 20 2018, General James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis submitted his resignation. Mattis’s letter said his resignation would be effective February 28, 2019. Three days later Trump moved Mattis’s departure date up to January 1 2019.

On January 2, 2019, Trump criticized Mattis’s performance as Secretary of Defense and said he had “essentially fired him.”  In the previous month, Trump referred to Mattis  General James ‘Moderate Dog’ Mattis…

END of UPDATE

In April 2017, the U.S. launched several dozen Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian air base in response to what it called illegal Syrian use of chemical weapons.

At the time, Defense Secretary James Mattis said he had reviewed all the intelligence and there was no doubt that Syria was responsible for the chemical attack that killed civilians.

“I have personally reviewed the intelligence and there is no doubt the Syrian regime is responsible for the decision to attack and the attack itself.”

Not everyone was convinced. Former DIA Colonel Patrick Lang wrote:

“In the coming days the American people will learn that the [US]Intelligence Community knew that Syria did not drop a military chemical weapon on innocent civilians.”

MIT professor Theodore A. Postol, several renown journalists (Robert Parry, Hersh Seymour), many former members of the US IC (Including ex-CIA Ray McGovern), former diplomats and even Colonel Wilkerson (Former Chief of staff of General Colin Powell) went public to denounce the official narrative of the Kahn Shaykhun attack.

President Trump’s National Security Council has released a declassified four-page ‘white paper’ detailing the evidence of the alleged sarin attack.

MIT Professor Theodore Postol concluded that the assessment contains absolutely no evidence that this attack was the result of a munition being dropped from an aircraft.

“What I can say for sure herein is that what the country is now being told by the White House cannot be true and the fact that this information has been provided in this format raises the most serious questions about the handling of our national security,” professor Postol wrote.

On July 14 2017, CIA Director Mike Pompeo made the following statement regarding the Khan Shaykhoun chemical attack.

The text of the speech has been posted on the CIA website on July 11 2017 and ‘updated’ on July 14 2017. The version currently posted does not correspond to what Pompeo actually said regarding the Khan Shaykhoun chemical attack. I believe that the differences are intentional and highly significant. Here is what Pompeo actually (verbatim) said [@19:20 mark] :

Back in April one afternoon, I got a call from the president. He wants to talk about some disturbing images that he saw coming in from Syria. I’m sure you saw many of them yourselves, scenes of innocent civilians writhing in agony, the apparent victims of chemical weapon attacks.

The president had a very direct message for me. He wanted to know exactly what had happened and he wants to know quickly.

So, we assembled a crack team —a couple hundred folks at the Agency — to begin to diagnose and understand what had taken place. They began piecing together evidence, working closely  with some outstanding partners from across the Intelligence Community.

The next day the president called the cabinet together. Then he turned to me and asked what we had learned. Several of us shared what we now knew.

I told them that the intelligence community had concluded that chemical weapon had indeed been used in the attack and launched by the Syrian regime.

White House claims on Syria chemical attack ‘obviously false’

Published on Apr 12, 2017 — The US released a declassified intelligence brief accusing Syrian President Assad of ordering and organizing the chemical attack on civilians in the rebel-held town in the Idlib province.

At the same time, the report ‘contains absolutely no evidence’ to prove this, says Theodore Postol, Professor in Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and leading CW expert.

REFERENCES

Now Mattis Admits There Was No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas on His People — Newsweek

US has no evidence of Syrian use of sarin gas, Mattis says — AP

=

US Secretary of Defense James Mattis: “No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas on His People”

One Year Ago — US Secretary of Defense James Mattis: “No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas on His People”

This entry was posted in Khan Shaykhun, Syria and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s