Turkey: “ex-CIA director’s allegations on Gülen’s forced removal are ludicrous”

“We will continue to work decisively in cooperation with the U.S. judicial authorities to finalize this process and obtain positive results without further delay. Any other allegation in connection with the extradition of Fetullah Gulen to Turkey is false, ludicrous and groundless.”

Embassy of Turkey in Washington D.C. — March 28 2017

Fetullah Gulen

The Turkish Embassy in Washington strongly denied former CIA Director James Woolsey’s allegation that Turkish officials discussed the forced removal of Fetullah Gülen from the United States. Follow us on Twitter: @Intel_Today

Woolsey’s allegation

Last week, former CIA Director James Woolsey revealed a confidential meeting between Turkish officials and Trump campaign officials including Former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn. Woolsey said Americans in the room brought up the idea of grabbing Gülen in the dark of the night and transferring him to Turkey by force.

RELATED POST: The Michael Flynn Saga: “The more you know, the less you understand.” [UPDATE]

RELATED POST: Former CIA Director James Woolsey: “Flynn discussed sending illegally Gulen back to Turkey.”

RELATED POST: Sean Spicer just told a whopper about Foreign Agent Mike Flynn

Turkish officials

The Turkish officials are — believed to be — Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu and Energy Minister Berat Albayrak who is the son-in-law of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu (born 5 February 1968) is a Turkish politician who has been Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey since 24 November 2015. On March 11 2017, Çavuşoğlu was banned from landing in Rotterdam over remarks he had made about the way the Netherlands was treating Turkish emigres.

Berat Albayrak (born 1 January 1978) is a Turkish businessman and politician. He is the former CEO of Çalık Holding, an MP since June 2015, and Minister of Energy and Natural Resources since November 2015. He is the son-in-law of the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

So far, neither former CIA Director James Woolsey nor former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn have clearly stated who were the Turkish Officials attending the meeting. Could one of the great journalists interviewing Woolsey regularly show him a picture of Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu and Energy Minister Berat? The sooner this game of charades ends, the better. By the way, the brave journalist could also ask Woolsey why he spent several months in Turkey during the year prior to the attempted coup.

Embassy Announcement

We are working in cooperation and close coordination with the relevant US authorities for the extradition of Fetullah Gulen, the organizer and perpetrator of the July 15th   terrorist coup attempt, in accordance with established legal rules and regulations, particularly, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the “Treaty on Extradition and Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters between the United States and the Republic of Turkey” of 1979.

In this regard, necessary evidence and documents have already been submitted to the relevant U.S. authorities. During his recent visit to Washington D.C. last week, Minister of Foreign Affairs, His Excellency Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu has conveyed additional documentation to Honorable Jeff Sessions, the U.S. Attorney General.

The Government of the Republic of Turkey and the Turkish people expect from the U.S. the immediate extradition of Fetullah Gulen, the mastermind of the FETO Terrorist Organization that was behind the July 15th  terrorist coup attempt.

 We will continue to work decisively in cooperation with the U.S. judicial authorities to finalize this process and obtain positive results without further delay.

Any other allegation in connection with the extradition of Fetullah Gulen to Turkey is false, ludicrous and groundless.

The Republic of Turkey, being a democratic country bound by the rule of law, has not been engaged in any illegal plan or action for the extradition of Fetullah Gulen to face trial in Turkey.

REFERENCES

Turkey calls ex-CIA director’s allegations on Gülen’s forced removal ludicrous— DAILY SABAH

Embassy Press Release Regarding The Extradition Of Fetullah Gülen , 28.03.2017 — washington DC

=

Turkey: “ex-CIA director’s allegations on Gülen’s forced removal are ludicrous”

This entry was posted in Fethullah Gülen, Turkey, US and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s